I thoroughly savored every second of my walk/jog this morning, knowing full well that in a few short weeks it will probably be too blistering hot (at which point I will resort to my library of workout videos and my personal trainer, Jillian Michaels, via the 30-day Shred.)
This morning I decided to do something different. Instead of selecting one of my upbeat workity workout playlists on my iPod, I simply selected shuffle. I have loads of music on my iPod and I am absolutely guilty of only listening to about 22% of my music 94% of the time.
So here's what Mr. iPod graced me with:
1. God's Amazing Grace by Mary Dale (This was a sweet surprise... one of my late grandmother's songs. She was a gospel singer.)
2. Matthew Chapter 1 from the Audio Bible
3. Something by Blues Traveler
4. Papparazzi by Switchfoot (Oh yeah... got my swagger on.)
5. Some hot Latin number from the National Geographic World Music collection. Funky.
6. Blue Skies Turn Blue by MXPX
7. Pachelbel's Canon in D (not bad for a cooldown.)
So... way to keep things interesting. Gotta whip myself into shape... I miss running. Next week, I will be starting the Couch to 5K program. I attempted this last fall and quit around week 5. I won't bother to offer an excuse as none of them are good enough. I quit. And I intend to redeem myself.
Coffee of the day... Starbucks Caffe Verona. Heavenly.