"Welcome home, dear Friday! My, how I've missed you."
Life happens. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes a little less than good. It has been an odd week full of unexpected circumstances that have driven me to a great deal of reflection. And furthermore, I am replete with exhaustion.
However, amid the bedlam, I count the smiles:
1. My sweet little darling (who is barely 2) was positively beside herself when she discovered "robots" near the doorway of the grocery store and carried on a whole conversation with the red one. They were actually an army of newspaper vending machines, but upon a second glance, I could actually see how she arrived at that conclusion. Wow. Perspective changes everything.
2. I finally convinced my daughters to give away their monstrous Barbie castle. (This is probably my greatest achievement of the whole year.)
3. My husband begged and pleaded with me to let him buy more coffee to replace the awful coffee I bought last week. My frugal side finally gave in and I was pleasantly surprised when he brought home Cameron's Chocolate Caramel Brownie coffee!!! SUPER AMAZING!
(Back story: I decided to give Seattle's Best another whirl since they changed their packaging. I'm not sure what kind of logic would suggest that a prettier bag could work that kind of magic on coffee, but alas it was all for naught. Still not impressed.)
Ordinarily, I'm not a microwave-y sort of person, but this easy treat is definitely worth breaking with my traditions. Everyone deserves chocolate once in awhile and so I leave you with this...
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 T. flour
4 T. sugar
2 T. cocoa
3 T. milk
3 T. oil
3 T. chocolate chips (optional)
Splash of vanilla
1 large coffee mug
1. Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
2. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour in milk and oil and mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix.
5. Place mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
(Cake will rise over top of mug)
6. Cool. Tip onto plate. Frost, if desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with powdered sugar icing.
"Hello weekend! Let's be friends."
This recipe and others are available on my Recipes page.
"Turn your back on sin; do something good.
Embrace peace—don't let it get away!"
Psalm 34.14 (The Message)